Educational administration professionals can also be found working in governmental agencies, private companies, and not-for-profit organizations. Those working in educational management might act as policy-makers, researchers, or consultants to help evaluate and develop ways to enrich and enhance the educational system at all levels.
The main objective of the Master of Education Administration & Planning programme is to prepare and equip graduates with general training in management and leadership of education institutions, as well as in the various government ministries overseeing schools and various institutions of learning.
The educational aims of the programme are:
• To prepare and equip students with knowledge, skills and competence to the level where they can make a professional contribution to the management and leadership of schools.
• To assist students to develop practical skills in the analysis of concepts and practices related to educational administration and management in contemporary Africa.
• To prepare students to undertake higher and professional roles in education administration and management thus enhancing their career opportunities and achieving self-development, as well as advancing their country.
The programme is open to candidates with a variety of background and interests in education management and administration. However, prospective candidates must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
• Must have a first or second class honours in education from a recognized university/higher learning institute.
• Applicants holding a pass degree may be considered for admission, if: The GPA is not below 2.5; and have satisfied the SODEESA of their academic potential through GMAT, its equivalent or additional training at postgraduate diploma level and approved by the SODEESA Board.
The four semester programme consists of 12 module courses which each carry a weight of one topic; as well as a compulsory research paper which carries 6 units to make a total of 18 units to complete the programme.
|CODE||COURSE TITLE:||UNITS||CREDIT HOURS|
|MEA 7101||Theories & Principles of Ed Administration||1||10|
|MEA 7102||Education Policy Analysis||1||10|
|MEA 7103||Decentralization and Education||1||10|
|MEA 7104||Cost-Benefit Analysis & Financing Education||1||10|
|MEA 7105||Education Planning & Administration||1||10|
|MEA 7106||Human Resource Management & Education||1||10|
|MBA 7207||Educational Research Methodology||1||10|
|MEA 7208||School Mapping & Facility Management||1||10|
|MEA 7209||School Inspection & Ed Supervision||1||10|
|MEA 7210||Special Needs Education||1||10|
|MBA 7211||Higher Education & Planning||1||10|
|MEA 7212||EMIS & Communication Skills||1||10|